Friday, June 8, 2012

Past, Present, Future

It's hard to stay in the present
when the past is determined to find you
It's as if every step you take
it over takes you by two.

What are you supposed to do
when you let it go but it holds on to you?
How do you get away
when you leave but it's determined to stay?

It's hard to find the future path
when the road block of yesterday
lasts and lasts.

Redirected focus and Flash
change direction and crash
Walked headlong into a blast from the past.

Is there something I need to see?
Is there a reason it's following me?
Is there a lesson yet to learn?
If so teach me so I can turn
my  different corner and be free.

Keep climbing
Keep going
Keep growing
Knowing
One day
yesterday
will leave
and
tomorrow
will be free
to be
the future
you know it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment