Thursday, January 24, 2013

Perfectly Still

Last  night I sat perfectly still
and it wasn't against my will.
As a matter of fact, it was quite by choice;
No movement, no emotion
not even the sound of my own voice.

Last night I took a moment for me.
I would take another one now quite gladly.
We often forget to make time for it
the downtime that replenishes our soul
as a dollar a day seems our ultimate goal.

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Let the rat race run out.
It only takes a moment to do.
Dinner for one, none or two,
Do what you need to do
but always take a moment for you.


Last  night of my own free will
I took a moment to sit perfectly still
Yes, indeed it was quite by choice
No movement, no emotion
not even the sound of my own voice.

Such a novel  notion
this time of devotion
to the person who deserves a break.
Sitting perfectly still
is a moment we all should take.

No comments:

Post a Comment