Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Newsworthy

I have a hangnail
someone call the local news
Everyone needs to know
this information
right away.

I wore a new dress
It's not a color you've seen
me in before.
I purchased it at a store
To others this might be a bore
but your tv ratings are going to soar
if you report about this and nothing more.

That person I am with
may or may not be my significant other
Is it a friendship or are we lovers
Follow me around and you might discover
juicy details to discover

I'm looking fat
I'm looking thin
I played a game
I did not win
Another day's about to begin
It's all news in Hollywood
often bad but
rarely good

Do you want to know this?
Others think you should.
That's the price they say
that  you mus  pay
To live with fortune
to live with fame.

You wanted everyone
to know your name
They say it's how to
play the game
Your world will
never be the same.

We will make you famous
when you're not
We will make you obscure
If  you don't give us
all you've got
We will hang on every
little word
We will make the meaningless
more absurd

You can't be famous without fans
even  when they complain you're too much
it's in their hands
to place you in the limelight
or simple extinguish the spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment