Wednesday, December 17, 2014

As Good as Gold (December 2011)

On the fifth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Five Gold Rings
Four calling birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtledoves
and a Partridge in a Pear tree.

I am in shock
I am in awe
I am in love with you
My love you are quite true

I will even forgive you
for continuing to bring
all those birds that sing
and other silly things

I never expected
Five Gold Rings
I never expected anything
The fine feathered menagerie
Made me believe you didn't care for me
Now I realize your creativity
An elaborate distraction's what this had to be

Why else would my true love give to me
all those creatures consistently
The game is over
Your plan succeeds
You are my true love
Yes indeed
No other tokens do I need

The silliness of feathered gifts
The plan to get me nice and miffed
All that you did
And now it's done
This game my love has been quite fun
As for other gifts
I don't need one
You've done more than enough and then some

No comments:

Post a Comment