Tuesday, August 30, 2011

HAVE YOU SEEN




“Have you seen my bicycle?” I asked the finch in the old fruit tree. The finch chirped twice and said to me, “If it was rode by a large lap toad then no. But if perchance it had a pink-haired maiden of the sea, with purple fins and ebony limbs then yes the bike I did see.”

“You’ve seen it sir. Where did she go? I really do must know.”  Inside the tree the finch said to me and pointed to the door; a large empty spot that if you’re not aware of you won’t see.

So I climbed in and looked about and somewhere towards the bottom I caught sight of shimmering strands of pick hair on the breeze. As quick as light I followed them as they turned around the corner but once I arrived I was denied the presence of this thief.

I followed along a cobblestone path till I came upon a harlequin. All dressed in black and quite alone I asked it my same question. “Friend Quin please tell me have you seen a mermaid gone for a ride? She’s taken my bike and I must have it back have you seen her Quin?” I asked.

Quin looked up and silently sighed but said nothing about my quest. Then Quin looked up at me and smiled. She pointed at my vest and as she pointed she then looked up and saw my purple cap. Happier still she almost squealed as she pointed at that. So I took of my clever cap and placed it on Quins head. And as if the purple hue had gone down through her face her whole attire truly changed to reds and blues with taste.

Now a happy harlequin she pointed towards the sunset and peddled as if on a bike to let me know I was not done yet. I thanked Quin then journeyed on to catch that fine finned thief.

Up and down again and again I traveled rather quick. Hill and Hill and Hill again till I reached the highest peak. I saw her at this lofty place but when to the bottom I did race I lost her round a bend.

I finally reached a willow grove and seems the mermaid must have rested within each branch for just as a wave her pink hair it did cascade from every single branch. And tire tracks they circled through leaving not a clue.



So I sat down and thought a bit then had a great idea. I gathered all her errant strands and braided them my dear. I braided long I braided hard I braided it with hope. Then in the end my efforts spent I’d created quite a rope.

I threw it high up in the sky and there it hung for me. I climbed my rope with love and hope to view above with glee. Suspended high up in the sky I looked around and found that somehow I had now returned to solid ground. And stranger still the ground beneath was far too familiar you see. It turns out when I looked about my room was where I’d been.

I crept over to my window and carefully peaked out. There she was just sitting waiting smiling at my return. She winked at me and waved at me and through the air did float a magical message just for me in the form of a musical note.

The notes told me in great detail how she’d enjoyed our journey. The chase was great, the speed, the wait you were a wondrous foe. The stuff you seek awaits for you someplace you always go. Thanks once again for the adventure friend but towards home I must begin. Whenever the urge to play finds you please don’t hesitate to invite me out again for you I’ll always wait. But next time please do keep in mind that cycles are tough on fins.

With that she vanished into the night faded into a dream. With that the adventure closed for a bit but you know I opened it again. I’ve yet to catch that fast finned maid she keeps up an excellent chase. The race has been moved to the skies up above. Cycles were fine but the flying I love, a fast flying mermaid in the heavens above. My, what a wondrous sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment