Thursday, September 22, 2011

SHOWERS




It’s tiny teardrops bursting and falling to the ground; a small black cloud shivers lonely in the sky. The wind begins to howl and the sky turns to Grey. Soon, more tiny black clouds will be coming our way.

Drop. Drop. Drop. Pitter. Pitter. Patter.
The music plays so loud that it turns into a clatter. There are puddles everywhere so we must all tread with care. Liquid in vivid motion so we must beware.

Damp musty clothing hanging in the hall; warm toasty oven waiting for us all. Someone’s making cocoa. Someone sweet and kind; to help relieve the dampness that’s crept into my mind.

Still outside the teardrops fall in step with time. Slowly getting louder and seemingly unkind. Then outside it rumbles sparks ignite the sky. Inside someone near me slowly starts to cry.

“Hush” I say, “Dear small one don’t worry oh so much. The teardrops they can’t hurt you. I love you dear.” And such. Then finally the dark clouds continue on their way. Dark foreboding big clouds who’ll come back another day. Till then my dear don’t worry
“Don’t worry dear” I say. “I’ll stay with you my darling. I’ll stay with you always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment