Friday, November 25, 2011

After the Feast

Why does my belly hurt?
Oh yeah, the decadent dessert;
Or was it all the meat and mashed potatoes?
Heaven knows it couldn't have been the tomatoes,
stuffing or the gravy, No that couldn't be.
Candied yams and bits of ham glazed ever so sweetly?
Possibly.

Why does my belly ache?
Could it have been all the cake?
Curse this appetite I tried to sate
The taste testing because I couldn't wait.
Must have been All the food I ate 
in generous portions piled on my plate;
That I just ate and ate and ate.

Eyes bigger than my tummy
I couldn't help myself
It was all so yummy
Didn't eat it all as I'm no dummy
There's some left overs upon my shelf
Another delicious treat just for myself.

This time I will not pile the food upon my plate,
This time smaller portions I will take;
Because the end of the holiday is here
Over eating and a belly ache 
well they will just have to wait
Until the same time next year.



1 comment: