Sunday, November 20, 2011

You, Me and Jumping with Glee

You had me and you set me free
So excuse me If I don't jump with glee
When you tell me that you miss me.
You traveled the skies to reach me.
Told me my smile set you free.
You hoped that one day we could be
Sailing together across the sea.


Over the miles our relationship grew.
My hopes, heart and dreams I stored in you.
As months passed you asked what I wanted to do.
After my answer, I felt you withdrew.
Our original passion we couldn't renew.
When you said you were leaving I already knew.


It's year's later you're talking to me.
I ask myself, "How could this be?"
You see, you had me
and you set me free.
So excuse me
If I don't jump for glee
When you tell me that you miss me.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very gentle way to tell someone to leave you alone, no wonder they miss you!

    ReplyDelete