Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Adrift in Limbo

The wind blows
yet I feel no cold
neither do I feel
the heat.
 I am numb to 
its temperature.
I know it exists
because my
clothing shifts in space
but as to hot or cold
I do not feel a trace.

The sun rises;
is it warm upon my face?
I know the heat is there
in every radiant flare.
I know I should
be warm
but my body does not care.
I am here
and it is there.

The moon comes up;
a  soft, silent circle.
Is that the man staring
down at me
or just my sensitivity
to what I wish to perceive?
Moonlight clear and bright
bringing shadows to the night.
I am not filled with fright
nor do I feel delight.
Emotionless seems to be
my current plight.

Awake yet dreaming
constantly teaming
with incessant thoughts.

Asleep yet aware
of that I do not dare
make concrete
within my turbulent thoughts.

Adrift in limbo
my stance
akimbo
I need a symbol
on which to pray.

How do I get to 
where I need to go?
When will my path be
clear I need to know?
How do I get to 
where I need to go?
Time moves quickly
and yet I'm going slow.
How do I get to where I need to go?

Adrift in Limbo.
My stance akimbo.
The door seems closed,
please open a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment