Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Plunger

Nineteen years and never a worry
even when coming and going in a hurry
Do your business, flush and get out;
Worked like a charm
with never a doubt.
Nineteen years and now at this juncture
in my bathroom I have need of a plunger.

What do men do in that tiny white bowl
that makes the porcelain gods
act like common trolls?
Back up and over flow
Were not on my agenda
but that was the new plan 
at my hacienda.

Nineteen years now there's this crisis
please someone give me the power of Isis
I need to remember there are bumps in the road
I need to remember my humble abode
Is now home to two
who do what they do

I can't control it all
No matter how I try
situations happen
That I cannot deny
I can't control it all
No matter how I try
Since this isn't Highlander
then no one has to die.


Nineteen years of on my own
Now I am not living all alone
Deal and then get over it
It's just some plastic on a stick.


No comments:

Post a Comment