Wednesday, December 14, 2011

13 Fouls

I thought your gift giving was through
I distinctly remember telling you
Feathered friends would not do
If my true love was truly you.

After five gold rings
I believed you were a king
showing me the finer things
that life has to bring

I did not know that up your sleeve
You continued to deceive.
Day six I slept upon my bed
dreaming of the day ahead
A smile of the day before
Within my sleeping state I wore

Who knew that I would soon awake
to find my place in such a terrible state
Six geese a laying here and there
Eggs and feathers everywhere

A bad dream it seemed to me
As I knew this could not be
I'm certain that we discussed this
My attitude towards feathered friends you could not miss
Back to bed  I went find some please
Hoping to wake and this would not exist.

Day Seven arrived to me at dawn
A group of several swimming swans
Now 13 fowls I find have I
Such a terrible sight I do spy
Eggs and feathers flying free
Wet birds all honking noisily

My true love how could this be
I thought this was over but now I see
Your gift giving mission his finally clear
It's all designed to bring me tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment