Friday, December 16, 2011

Twelfth Day Daze


Eleven pipers piping up a storm
And Twelve drummers drumming is not the norm
For a true love to give to someone dear
 So yes, I got the message loud and clear
Although you tried to kill my ears

In short my true love gave to me:
Twelve Drummers drumming which was just quite mean.
Eleven Pipers piping that was not a dream.
Ten Lords a leaping who liked to eat,
Nine Prima donnas on their feet,
Eight Maids a milking up at dawn,
A group of several swimming swans,
Six geese a laying here and there,
The quite unexpected Five Gold Rings,
Four Calling birds which left me without words,
Birds again with Three French hens,
Two Turtle Doves instead of gloves,
And the gift of which I had never heard
A partridge in a pear tree, ever so absurd.

You could have told me on your own
 As my darling we’re both very grown
Had you said, “I want to be alone.”
I would have left you on your own
 These last 12 days have been quite crazed
In several certainly, sarcastic ways
 Good bye my true love Good luck to you
For in future I am warning you
You’re going to find someone who
Gives gifts as generously as you do!

1 comment:

  1. What a joyous collection of peaceful reactions to the gifts of a crazed romantic who obviously cannot hear or read because they are so desperate to prove their insane love.

    ReplyDelete