Monday, July 6, 2015

Limited Language

A picture says a thousand words-
I've less than that to use.

Limits to language,
How would I say
what needs to be said?

My morning hug would linger longer
so you knew I wished you well.

My morning kiss would be far sweeter
to ensure you travel safely.

Throughout the day more smiles and
waves more embraces and nods of greeting.

No complaints would be uttered for
words now precious deserve better than
random utterances.

More opportunities to be kind
would form upon my lips.

Laughter would light my eyes.

At meals more ahs and sighs
for the opulent portions I 
eat to show I'm satisfied.

At home once again with you
Words unused can ask,
"How was your day?"

Words unused can
comfort or congratulate.

Eyes meet, hands touch
bodies intertwine.
In the evening I am yours 
and you are mine.

Limited language
would never diminish
what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment