Wednesday, July 8, 2015

More and More

More and more
I'm noticing
I don't know who
is on the screen

I can't name
that tune or
even the band

I use the language
of another land

More and More
my meals
have changed
eating healthier
is not so strange

Get more sleep
Drink more water
Staying up late's
not all that great.

Sleeping in
enjoying the day
languidly
wiling the
hours away

Is it comfy?
Is it warm?
Will it weather
a coming storm?
Questions for clothing
has definitely changed.
Comfy not cutesy is
not a shame.

Seeing age from
the other side
Noticing
smile lines
and silver hairs
Understanding the value
of I don't care.

Famous, infamous
Friends and family
One by one all whom
you know will
eventually have to go.

I now grasp fully phrases
once said to me
The age you are
is not the age you'll be.

Look in the mirror and I see
a me not quite the me
I used to be

Birthday by birthday
I've come this far
Make a wish and
it still will be

More and more
is reality
no matter if
you kick and scream

Why not accept it
gracefully?
Continue to persist
quite passionately.
Appreciate the moments
of everyday
Don't let your true
essence fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment