Saturday, March 14, 2009

A THOUSAND THINGS

I could say a thousand things about those who think they know it all
Those who invade your life; Give advice without your asking;
Make a nuisance of themselves in your private world.


I could say a thousand things
That would make them stop and think
Before they start to say.


But if I said those thousand things I couldn’t take them back.
I couldn’t sweep them under a rug
I couldn’t run and hide.


I wish, I only wish that ones who think they know me
Would stop to think before they said a word.
I wish that they could understand that I’m an individual
Who depends on no one else for what to do or say
Who can manage on my own and talks a different way.


But the ones who do not know I think will never understand
That I’m a person on my own who may need a helping hand
But not a giant shove.


I can say a thousand things; I could say more.
But I won’t because I’m smart enough to know
When to Whisper and when to Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment